Business Office Manager
National HealthCare Associates | East Bridgewater, MA
The Business Office Manager is responsible for the day to day coordination of Resident census, Billing and Trust to ensure regulatory billing compliance, efficient and maximized collection of Private (Applied Incomes, Private Coinsurances) receivables, assist with submission, track and resolve Medicaid Pending applications, accurate reporting of billing and cash collection activity, and ensuring full compliance of the Resident Funds ledgers at all times. Perform Month End reconciliation of Census/Revenue, Accounts Receivable, and Cash/Banking and provide GL export to Accountants, coordinating any reconciling items for financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare, process and maintain facility census to include reconciliation to Midnight Shift Report, enter payer changes and adjust payer information and revenue accordingly, following NHCA guidelines.
* Forward census activity to CBO Specialist daily including retro-active changes via Financial Alert Form
* Track and review all Admissions Financial Folder documentation immediately upon admission; resolve issues with appropriate staff per NHCA guidelines.
* Prepare daily deposits received at facility
* Prepare and post daily deposits for Resident Trust Account, reconcile monthly, close accounts for discharged residents, follow up on outstanding checks, and all other responsibility per NHCA guidelines.
* Provide reports and analysis and attend meetings as requested by Regional AR Manager, Administrator, Corp. A/R Director.
* Scan all documents for Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care billing and coordinate with CBO Specialist when census, authorization, etc entries are complete and ready for billing.
* Review Consolidated Invoices (SNFCB.com) and forward approved invoices with appropriate pricing to CBO Specialist for posting to Resident Accounts
* Coordinate immunization billing logs with Nursing Dept monthly and forward to CBO Specialist for PCC entry and billing
* Perform Triple Check and coordinate with CBO Specialist when all corrections are made
* Reconcile, process and report month end close per NHCA Month End Close procedures
* Coordinate and oversee A/R Assistant as applicable; delegate new tasks as needed
* Handle resident and family inquiries
* Generate and submit statements per following:
* Private Pay (R&B plus ancillaries) Statements
* Applied Income Statement
* Private Coinsurance
* Medicaid Pending
* Report collection activity/status weekly with Administrator and for monthly A/R Reviews and requests per Regional A/R Manager, Administrator or Corp. Director of A/R.
Recommended Minimum Position Qualifications
* 3-5 years of billing and collections in a long-term healthcare environment, including management or supervisory responsibility.
* Excellent team building and leadership skills are required.
* Must have thorough knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Pending, Applied Income, and Managed Care reimbursement regulations.
* The ability to handle multiple priorities; possess strong communication skills and have ability to work well in a high-pressure environment.
* Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and billing/eligibility software solutions: Point Click Care, Esolutions, RFMS
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled