MAJOR PURPOSE: Performs routine tasks as assigned by the Charge Nurse and provides assistance to professional nursing staff in order to meet the personal needs and comfort of the resident. Follows all health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains established standards of practice set forth by the facility's administration and Nursing Policies and Procedures
* Observes residents and reports to the charge nurse immediately if any unusual conditions/accidents/incidents occur.
* Assists with serving meal trays; feeds residents that need assistance; documents food consumed for each resident assigned.
Passes out nourishments and water pitchers.
* Cares for clean/soiled linen.
Maintains clean and orderly resident rooms daily and assures that the call light cord is within easy reach of the resident at all times.
* Makes rounds on assigned residents including physical head count of assigned resident at the beginning of each shift and every 2 hours thereafter.
* Listens to shift report on assigned unit prior to start of assignment for every shift worked.
* Respects diversity.
* Understands and upholds the Residents' Bill of Rights and holds all resident information confidential.
* Maintains a professional demeanor in appearance and mannerisms according to established facility standards.
* Preferably a high school graduate or equivalent.
* Must be able to communicate in English and have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both.
* Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
* Ability to observe proper safety and sanitary techniques.
* Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment.
* Certified Nursing Assistant consistent with the State Public Health Code. Registered in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled