Pre-Clinical Account Manager - Remote / Field Based - New England & Southeastern Canada Territory
The Jackson Laboratory | Boston, MA
Pre-Clinical Account Manager
Remote / Field Based - New England & Southeastern Canada Territory
JAX Mice Clinical & Research Services (JMCRS) is seeking a Pre-clinical Account Manager covering primarily commercial accounts in the New England region as well as Southeastern Canada, ideally based in the Cambridge area. This position is part of the JAX North American Opportunity Development Management (ODM) team.
The ODM team is responsible for generating revenue in assigned territories from each of the 4 JMCRS business units– Production Mouse, Reproductive Sciences, Breeding Services and In Vivo Pharmacology. The ODM is the account manager, and is expected to support the growth, at specified accounts in their usage of JAX Services and Mice in pre-clinical research.
The ODM team interacts extensively with other external JAX functions – Business Development, Technical Information Services, Project Management and Strategic Accounts to ensure that customer needs are being met and to identify ways to grow business with current and potential customers in the preclinical Pharmaceutical and Biotech space. In order to succeed in this position, an individual must possess the ability to network in the territory and within complex institutions, be able to present the entire JAX product portfolio appropriately, be adept at finding solutions to customer problems and understand the importance of meeting and exceeding development and revenue targets.
This position affords the ideal candidate an opportunity to develop and execute on dynamic strategies by leveraging the talents of a strong and highly motivated team. Their efforts will highly impact JAX’s growth, and play in important role in support the JAX mission.
- Positioning products across all of the JAX business units at a high scientific level with a pre-clinical research focus
- Developing and nurturing the relationship between JAX and new customers in the commercial space
- Managing existing relationships to ensure JAX remains a highly valued partner in their research
- Actively managing an evolving pipeline and impacting deal closure
- Meeting or exceeding established territory revenue targets across all 4 business units
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships at multiple levels within the institutional and end user level
- Identifying and securing opportunities for growth within existing customers and prospective customers
- Collecting market intelligence for new product concepts and for identifying market trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Life or Animal Sciences plus 5 or more years progressive direct biomedical or animal science sales experience is required; A Masters or higher in biomedical sciences would be considered a plus
- Strong consultative selling skills and a proven capability to close technical sales in the pre-clinical settings
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills as well as a proficient level of presentation software applications
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex technical information
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to travel up to 60% of time
The Jackson Laboratory, (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 1,800 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX’s research facility in Bar Harbor, Maine is a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and a world-renowned expert in mammalian genetics. JAX also has facilities in Sacramento, California, and The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease.
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement. JAX offers an MBA program, a fitness center with an award winning wellness program, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about at opportunities at JAX at http://www.jax.org/careers