Property Maintenance Technician II
Preservation Management, Inc. | Hanover, MA
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Hanover Massachusetts area as one of our Maintenance Technicians. This individual should be familiar with the affordable housing industry, unit turns, performing routine, and project-based maintenance tasks.
- Respond to life safety emergencies and other critical incidents; coordinate the response with other site personnel and public safety agencies; notify company management personnel as required by emergency protocols.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc.
- Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites).
- Use and maintain the property’s and/or your personal tools and equipment in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications; report any instances of equipment malfunction immediately to the Property Manager; identify and report any repair that should be done by the manufacturers to the Property Manager.
- Help the Property Manager arrange with contractors for repairs that cannot be handled by on-site maintenance personnel; assist the contractors as directed by the Property Manager.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished.
- Clean common areas frequently including: carpeting, painted surfaces, and stair areas; adhere to property owners’ and PMI standards for cleanliness.
- Conduct apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition.
- Conduct repairs (routine and emergency), as well as preventive and corrective maintenance, for the following systems:
- Conduct other miscellaneous minor repairs (routine and emergency), as well as preventive and corrective maintenance, as needed.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry or trade school course work
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position paying between $16.25 and $17.50 per hour depending on experience.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) and ROTH retirement plans with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.