11-7 and 3-11 Available
* Responsible for the general overseeing of the facility's operations and management including providing optimal care, communicating the facility's policies and ensuring the general order, safety and cleanliness of the facility.
* Follows all health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains established standards of practice set forth by the facility's administration and Nursing policies and procedures.
* Makes decisions relevant to the operation and management of the facility during the assigned shift.
* Verifies that the resident's physician and family is notified when there is a significant clinical development in the resident's condition or if the resident requires immediate medical care.
* Makes decisions concerning staffing in the facility such as replacing call outs, authorizing overtime and reassigning personnel when appropriate.
* Assumes independent responsibility for yearly written evaluations of charge nurses and documents accurately their strengths, weaknesses and the steps taken to improve their performance. Such evaluations become part of the charge nurses' permanent records and shall be used as the basis for determining continued employment, promotional opportunities and the amount of any wage increases granted.
* Conducts in-services during assigned shifts according to pre-determined schedules. Records attendance.
* Assumes independent responsibilities for documenting disciplinary concerns for charge nurses on designated shifts, including reprimands, oral and written warnings, and recommending the suspension or discharge of an employee.
* Directs proper handling of resident care emergencies.
* Makes house rounds and consults with charge nurse concerning new admissions and acutely/seriously ill residents.
* Ensures availability of supplies and that all equipment is in proper working order.
* Supervises to ensure the proper completion of accident/incident documentation and notification.
* Functions as Charge Nurse RN in the event that there is a call out and the nurse cannot be replaced.
* Assists in on-going Quality Assurance of resident care and documentation.
* Assumes other duties as assigned by ADNS.
* Monitors schedule of physicians' visits and keeps Medical Director advised of any and all discrepancies.
* Projects the facility's image in a positive light to residents, staff and community.
* Maintains a positive attitude and rapport with family members.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled